Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Longing for Home

Misha is doing great! His legs are healing nicely, and we are praising the Lord that all his cultures came back negative. Every day is filled with occupational therapy and physical therapy among other socialization activities such as crafts and games.

I find that we're kept so busy here, that I've not had the time to update like I would have liked. The hospitalization has also prevented me from getting all the DVD's out in a timely fashion. Stephanie will be sending a batch out today, so I thank you all for your patience.

When I first heard that Misha's stay would be a long one, dread filled my heart. I caught myself worrying how I could ever keep up with all that needed to be done at home and be here at the same time. I praise the Lord for a wonderfully understanding husband, and children who are willing to sacrifice themselves and help out.

I'm daily reminded that God always has us right where He wants us. I have loved getting to know the precious staff here at Shriners. I have met so many wonderful people and have been blessed by so many of the patients as well.

I have a confession. I'm a person who could easily become a hermit. I love being in my home with my family and I really have to push myself to mingle in social situations. Its not that I don't enjoy being around people, quite the opposite, I love people. I am just naturally an introvert and get charged by being alone.

God is using this time to teach me that His plans for our lives are not always comfortable. Stephanie and I have realized that for the moment, God has placed us in an arena where we can share hope to those who are hurting.

Although we all long for home, we will joyfully bloom where we have been planted.

1 comment:

Decor To Adore said...

How wonderful that Misha is healing. My nephew was treated by Shriners and they are just wonderful. God is so merciful.

May you continue to be blessed.