Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Some Fun and an Update

While I was visiting this past week, I took a few videos that might give you a little glimpse into the personality of this precious young man we've come to love so deeply.

Sorry about the darkness of this video! But we thought you might like to see Misha communicating with the family through Google Translator. We pull up a Russian keyboard on the browser so that he can type in Russian, and he can then translate that Russian to English through the Google Translator. Talk about handy!!

The next video showcases Misha's amazing ability to peg people's little quirks, personalities, and phrases as soon as he meets them. Everybody gets a kick out of seeing him perfectly imitate each of us!

Misha's spirits are higher today, and this afternoon they were able to aleviate his pain some. (The epidural they had given him wasn't completely numbing his legs, and he had spots of extreme pain.) When I talked to mom a little bit ago, she said that a few hours ago Misha was rating his pain as an 8 out of 10. As of an hour ago, he said the pain had come down to a 2.

Please continue to pray for Misha's recovery from surgery, and courage in facing the challenges of the next few months.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

I posted Misha's story on my blog today, and asked readers to donate.

I calculated that it would only take 27 blogs, with 100 readers each, to give $10 each ... to raise the money.

I absolutely BELIEVE that GOD is going to do a MIGHTY work here, and I'm excited to be a part of it.

Blessings,

Laurel

PS: I live in Lynden, WA and go to church with a family that met your son-in-law this past summer. That's how I got the email about your need. God is good!