Sunday, September 28, 2008

Battle Zone

“What are we going to do today?” These were the first words Misha typed in the translator on Saturday. “Would you like to go to the zoo?” was our response. After an eager yes, we crammed in our van loaded with games and a picnic lunch. After a good tour of our local zoo, we found a nice grassy place to spread our blankets for a picnic lunch in the park. With full tummy’s, Philip and I, caught up on some missed sleep while the kids all played games on the grass around us.

After the park, we walked downtown and wheeled Misha over the suspended bridge. Everything was so beautiful with colorful flowers, rocked walkways and cascading waterfalls. It was such a peaceful walk.

Then our son David, who loves studying WWII, noticed that we weren’t far from the Army Navy Store. He asked if we could take Misha to see all the war paraphernalia. I honestly think that our tour of this store was the highlight of Misha’s day. He revealed that he’s a typical boy. The owner was so impressed with Misha’s knowledge of guns. He rattled off, M4, AK-47, and bazooka. I guess there isn’t a language barrier with the names of weapons. Pulling me back to the camo section of the store, he began asking me if he could buy a pair of army pants. I told him that David had lots of military clothes they could share.
Back at home, Misha dressed in camouflage pants, while the kids got out their Nerf guns and glasses. Misha had such a wonderful time hitting his live targets. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a happier child.

1 comment:

busymomof10 said...

It is amazing how well he blends in with the rest of your family in these pictures! I can tell that he is rapidly becoming "part of the family"!