Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Mother's Love

Tuesday was our first official day of school together. Stephanie worked with Misha, while I home-schooled all the others. It was a good day! Steph went to the library and found a language program for Misha to use on the computer. She also found one for us, so that we can all learn alittle Russian along the way.

My parents and Heather came up for dinner so we celebrated Josiah's 12th birthday a day early. After opening presents, Matt built a bonfire and we all sat around and sang songs. A really neat thing happened during all these events. We had been sitting around the computer watching a few funny video's on you-tube. Misha was standing in front of me and I leaned forward and just gave him a big hug. He backed up snug against my legs so we sat there for a long time just snuggled together with him on his knees in front of me. After a while, I felt like his knees might be getting tired so I asked him if he wanted to sit in the chair. He responded that he didn't. I then asked if he would like to sit in my lap, and he shook his head that he did. As I went to lift him onto my lap he practically jumped up onto it. We sat for hours with me just holding him. How much he must be starving for a "Mother's love".





2 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh, to see God's love manifest in your family! What grace to see a union akin to our own spiritual adoption by the Lord. Know our family daily prays for you all and the details as surgery approaches. We are sharing prayer requests and your story with our church and others to help expand your circle of support. We stand with you because children are too valuable and important to ignore in God's economy. "Slava Gospoda" (Praise the Lord) ~ Dawn

viktoriayurchenko said...

wow, you guys look like your having fun=) god bless you and your family.
{viktoria yurchenko}